You are here

Electronic Proof of Claim (ePOC) and Related Documents

(No Login Required)


  • Proofs of claim in all cases and chapters can be filed electronically without a login/password through the Court’s website.  ePOC will automatically prepare the official Bankruptcy Proof of Claim (B410) form based upon the information entered into the program. 
  • This service is provided as an alternative filing option for those parties not eligible to register for CM/ECF who previously had to file their proofs of claim conventionally (in paper) with the Court.  The Court strongly encourages creditors to utilize this fast, free and efficient method of filing their proofs of claim.
  • A proof of claim filed electronically on this Court’s website will constitute the filer’s approved signature and have the same force and effect as a handwritten signature.
  • Certain personal information must be removed from all documents before electronically submitting the proof of claim form. See the notice below.

IMPORTANT NOTICE OF REDACTION RESPONSIBILITY: All filers must redact: Social Security or taxpayer-identification numbers; dates of birth; names of minor children; and financial account numbers, in compliance with Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9037. This requirement applies to all documents, including attachments. 

IMPORTANT WARNING:  A person who files a fraudulent claim could be fined up to $500,000, imprisoned for up to 5 years, or both.  18 U.S.C. § § 152, 157, and 3571. 


  • You may also file a Withdrawal of Claim, or Claim Supplements including: Notice of Mortgage Payment Change, Notice of Postpetition Fees, Expenses, and Charges, Response to Notice of Final Cure Payment, and Proof of Claim Attachment 3001(c)(1)(d) through this program. 

File a Claim or Amend a Claim / Withdrawal of a Claim / Claims Supplements


  • Do I need to become an ECF registered user to file an electronic proof of claim?

    No.  A claimant or a claimant's agent may utilize the electronic proof of claim (ePOC) filing feature available on the Court's website without becoming a registered ECF user; no login or password is required.

  • Can I file an electronic proof of claim in any chapter case?

    Yes.  The Eastern District of Kentucky Bankruptcy Court began accepting electronic claims in all cases effective January 2, 2019.

  • Do I need to attach the Bankruptcy Proof of Claim B410 form as an attachment? 

    No.  The B410 form will be populated while using ePOC.  Any attachments should consist of supporting documentation to the proof of claim.  If there is supporting documentation to your claim, select “Yes” just prior to Part 3.  After clicking “Submit Claim”, you will be able to then browse for, and attach your PDF. 

    NOTE:  it is very important that any personal identifiers be properly redacted (Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9037).


  • I filed a claim and my attachments did not properly attach to the claim filed. How do I get the supporting documentation filed?

    a) Ensure that the attachment(s) is in PDF format and is being submitted in black and white (no color documents).

    b) Confirm that each PDF document being attached is less than 35 MB in size. 

    c) File an amended claim and attach the correct PDF images.

    d) When filing the amended claim, check the box “Yes” for question 4 to designate that the claim is amended.  You can then enter the Court claim number and/or date of the previous claim.

    e) Select “Yes” just prior to Part 3.  After clicking “Submit Claim”, you will be able to then browse for and attach your PDF.  

  • Is a signature required on the proof of claim?

    Yes.  Type the name and title, if any, of the person authorized to file the claim on behalf of the creditor.  Typing the filer’s approved signature has the same force and effect as a handwritten signature.  If appropriate, a power of attorney can be attached as a supporting document to the claim.    

  • Can I include a separate mailing address for payments?

    Yes. Check the box indicating that the Payment Address is different from the Notice Address.  An additional address field will appear for this alternate address for payments.

  • Can I get a file stamped acknowledgment of the proof of claim?

    Yes. The Court’s claim number will display with a link to the electronically file-stamped proof of claim upon submitting the proof of claim. The claim will be file-stamped as of the entry date.  It is recommended that the claim be printed or saved at this time.

  • When will the claim appear on the claims register?

    The claim will immediately appear on the claims register upon submitting the proof of claim

  • If I file my claim using this electronic form, will I be added to the case for service of future notices?

    Yes.  The address of the creditor listed on the proof of claim is automatically added to the mailing list of a case when a proof of claim is filed.

  • Will the Trustee be served with the proof of claim?

    Yes. The Trustee will receive notification of the claim through the Court's Notice of Electronic Filing. You do not need to mail a separate paper claim to the Trustee’s office.

  • At the time of filing my claim, I do not know the amount that is due. How do I enter “Unknown” in the amount for the claim?

    In the amount box, enter: 0.00. Attach documentation to the claim explaining the reason that the 0.00 was entered.  Once you know the amount of the claim, file an amended claim.

  • I need to amend a claim. How do I do this?

    When completing the fillable claim form, check the box “Yes” for question 4 to designate that the claim amends a previously filed claim. You can then enter the Court claim number and/or date of the previous claim.

  • If my claim has been paid, should I file a Withdrawal of Claim?

    No. A claim should only be withdrawn if it was filed in error.

  • What should I do if I have any other questions or have problems filing a claim?

    The Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky is open to the public from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (with the exception of Federal holidays).  You can also call the Court’s ECF filing help desk number (859)233-2608 extension 7177 for assistance.