Bankruptcy Court Miscellaneous Fee Schedule
Summary of Fees Effective December 1, 2020
Summary of Fees Effective September 1, 2018
All fees and other sums payable to the United States Bankruptcy Clerk's office must follow these general guidelines:
- Funds due and owing to the court must be paid promptly within 24 hours;
- Electronic payments (preferred method) may be made with an attorney's credit card (or debit card) through the CM/ECF filing interface;
- Payments may also be made by money order, certified check, cashier's check or cash;
- Checks drawn on an attorney's account, or on a debtor-in-possession account, or a company account are acceptable;
- Personal checks are not an acceptable form of payment;
- Checks drawn on a debtor's account are not an acceptable form of payment;
- All checks should be made payable to "Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court"; and
- The court does not accept foreign currency or checks drawn on a foreign bank.
The Clerk's office is not responsible for cash or other forms of payment lost in the mail.
Notice to Customers Making Payment by Check
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
Privacy Act – A Privacy Act Statement required by 5 U.S.C. § 552a(e)(3) stating our authority for soliciting and collecting the information from your check, and explaining the purposes and routine uses which will be made of your check information, is available from the Treasury internet site at http://www.fms.treas.gov/otcnet/index.html, or by calling the toll free number (1-866-945-7920) to obtain a copy by mail. Furnishing the check information is voluntary, but a decision not to do so may require you to make payment by some other method.