- Every user MUST have their own individual PACER account. If you do not have an individual PACER account, you must create one. Shared PACER accounts cannot be used once the court has upgraded.
- Visit pacer.uscourts.gov to obtain your own individual PACER account.
- If you have an existing non-shared "Legacy" PACER account (i.e., an account issued prior to August 11, 2014 and only 6 characters) the account must be upgraded.
- Go to pacer.uscourts.gov
- Select Manage Your Account
- Login with your current PACER credentials and note the Account Type. If "Legacy" is displayed,
- Select Upgrade and update the information.
ONCE THE COURT IS LIVE ON NEXTGEN
After the court is live on NextGen on February 22, 2021, you must link your existing ECF filing account to your upgraded PACER account for Central Sign-On. Both sets of credentials are required to link the accounts. To link your account, log in to CM/ECF with your upgraded PACER account and click on the Utilities menu. In the Utilities menu, click on Link a CM/ECF account to my PACER account. Enter your previous ECF filing credentials to complete the linking process.
- If you do not know your current CM/ECF login/password, contact the registration desk.
FOR MORE INFORMATION on the improvements and the upgrade process, please visit: https://pacer.uscourts.gov/nextgen. There are several Electronic Learning Modules available on that page under "Is there training available for NextGen CM/ ECF?"
Feel free to contact the Bankruptcy Clerk's Office with any questions by e-mailing our helpdesk at KYEBml_HelpDesk@kyeb.uscourts.gov or by calling (859) 469-7127.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation as the court prepares to upgrade to NextGen CM/ECF.